Donor Egg Program
An Option for Women Who Can't Use their Own Eggs
A donor egg IVF cycle is where the eggs of a donor are used for in vitro fertilization. Our specialists have extensive donor egg IVF experience and we created the first private, in-house, donor egg agency in Utah. The generosity of donors has helped hundreds of couples in the Intermountain region turn their dream of having a baby into a reality.
Egg donors undergo extensive physical and psychological testing to insure their suitability. The donor’s ovaries are stimulated with FSH causing the development of many eggs. These eggs are retrieved, fertilized and cultured to form embryos. The recipient’s cycle is synchronized with the donor’s and the embryos are transferred. We often freeze extra eggs for use in future cycles or for donation to another couple.
Donor egg IVF brings hope to women who can’t use their own eggs to become pregnant. Women are born with a lifetime’s supply of eggs and each month one or more eggs mature and are ovulated. Egg quality declines as a natural consequence of aging leading to menopause. Some women experience poor egg quality (reduced ovarian reserve) at younger ages leading to infertility.
Conditions where donor egg IVF may be the best treatment option:
- Women whose eggs have been damaged by cancer chemotherapy or high dose radiation. Eggs can be frozen before cancer treatments to prevent this damage.
- Ovaries were removed.
- Reduced ovarian reserve or premature ovarian failure.
- Multiple failed IVF cycles for unexplained reasons.
- Prevent transfer of genetic disease.
- Poor embryo quality.
- Menopausal women.
Donor eggs can be used in women of almost any age as long as she has no serious disease and her uterus is healthy. Successful pregnancies have been reported for women in their fifties, however, most programs have a maximum recipient age.
The success rates using donor eggs typically high, due to better egg quality. Success rates using frozen/thawed eggs are similar and we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee IVF program.
Egg Donor Agencies
- Fairfax EggBank- a subsidiary of the Genetics and IVF Institute along with Fairfax Cryobank, one of the nation’s largest sperm banks. Fairfax Cryobank was born out of a successful model for gamete (egg, sperm) cryopreservation (freezing) and shipping. Fairfax EggBank provides many options for choosing the right highly screened egg donor. Reproductive Care Center also provides frozen eggs to Fairfax Cryobank.
- The Donor Solution- Egg donor agency. Managed by a nurse that once worked with Dr. Blauer.