Egg Donor Requirements
Egg donors are an amazing group of women who donate their eggs to bless the life of infertile patients. Most women donate their eggs for altruistic reasons and there is compensation for their time and inconvenience.
If you would like to be a donor and meet the following requirements, please complete the online preliminary application. You can also apply with one on the donor egg agencies listed below.
You must meet the following qualifications (please don’t apply if these qualifications are not met.):
- Between the ages of 19-31.
- Post high school training and/or education.
- Body mass index (BMI) between 18.5-29. Visit the Mayo Clinic website to calculate your BMI.
- Excellent personal character.
- Be physically and emotionally healthy.
- Minimum height: 5’2”.
- Artistic, athletic, musical or other special talents.
- Attractive physical appearance.
- Egg donors must know the medical history of immediate and extended family members (3 generations – self, children, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins).
- Prior pregnancy and delivery.
Egg donors must commit to:
- Complete a comprehensive medical and personal screening process.
- Participate anonymously.
- Not take the Depot Provera shot while on the egg donor list.
- Not get new tattoos or body piercing's.
- Respond to all e-mails and phone calls from RCC promptly.
- Notify the donor egg coordinator within 24 hours if you need to be removed from the egg donor list or if your contact information changes.
- Attend monitoring appointments during the week prior to egg retrieval. Arrive on time or early.
- Be willing to complete three donation cycles.
Egg Donor Agencies
- Fairfax EggBank- a subsidiary of the Genetics and IVF Institute along with Fairfax Cryobank, one of the nation’s largest sperm banks. Fairfax Cryobank was born out of a successful model for gamete (egg, sperm) cryopreservation (freezing) and shipping. Fairfax EggBank provides many options for choosing the right highly screened egg donor. Reproductive Care Center also provides frozen eggs to Fairfax Cryobank.
- The Donor Solution- Egg donor agency. Managed by a nurse that once worked with Dr. Blauer.