Egg Donor Requirements
Egg donors are an amazing group of women who for altruistic reasons, volunteer to donate their eggs to bless the life of infertile couples. Egg donors are compensated for the time and inconvenience of participating in the program. RCC's UT donor egg program places high medical and personal standards on the donors that are accepted into our egg donation program. If you would like to be a donor and meet the following requirements, please complete the online preliminary application. You can also apply with one on the donor egg agencies listed below.
Minimum Egg Donor Requirements (No Exceptions)
- Egg donors must be between the ages of 19-31
- Post high school training and/or education
- Body mass index (BMI) between 18.5-29, to calculate your BMI please go to: http://www.mayoclinic.org/bmi-calculator/itt-20084938
- Excellent personal character
- Egg donors must by physically and emotionally healthy
- 5’2” or taller
- Artistic, athletic, musical or other special talents
- Attractive physical appearance
- Egg donors must know the significant medical history of immediate and extended family members (3 generations – self, children, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins)
- Prior pregnancy and delivery
In Order to be an Egg Donor, the Donor Must Commit to:
- Complete a comprehensive medical and personal screening process
- Participate in the egg donation program anonymously
- Not take the Depot Provera shot while on the egg donor list (affects fertility for up to 9 months)
- Not get new tattoos or body piercing's while on the egg donor list
- Respond to all e-mails and phone calls from RCC promptly
- Notify the Donor Egg Coordinator within 24 hours in the event that you need to be removed from the egg donor list for reasons such as: trying to get pregnant, moved out of state, schedule inhibits you from following donor commitments
- Update Donor Egg Coordinator within 24 hours if contact information changes (address, phone and e-mail)
- Attend monitoring appointments during the week prior to egg retrieval between 8 am-1:45 PM
- Being highly responsible with donor commitments, and come to all appointments on time or early
- Be willing to complete three donation cycles
- Once matched, a psychological interview with a clinical psychologist and testing for major infectious and genetic diseases.
**Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements and/or you are not willing to comply with the commitments required of a donor.
“Fairfax EggBank’s Call for Utah Donors on 97.1 ZHT. Click Here to Apply.”
Egg Donor Agencies
- Fairfax EggBank- a subsidiary of the Genetics and IVF Institute along with Fairfax Cryobank, one of the nation’s largest sperm banks. Fairfax Cryobank was born out of a successful model for gamete (egg, sperm) cryopreservation (freezing) and shipping. Fairfax EggBank provides many options for choosing the right highly screened egg donor. Reproductive Care Center also provides frozen eggs to Fairfax Cryobank.
- The Donor Solution- Egg donor agency. Managed by a nurse that once worked with Dr. Blauer.